Recently in a collaborative effort, a combined total of 58 horses were brought into Colorado rescues. Drifter’s took on 10 of these amazing horses and have already begun rehabilitating them. We are so thankful for the donations we have already received, but the sudden influx of this many horses requires a massive amount of resources to help bring them to ideal weights and to help with vetting, farrier and dental attention. We have launched a specific “Nebraska 10” Sponsorship Program for anyone who wants to generously invest in any of these beautiful horses’ individual journeys to forever homes.
If you can find it in your heart to sponsor one (or more) of the “Nebraska 10,” we are offering three levels of sponsorship based on the specific needs of each of the horses. Sponsorship commitments can be as short as a month or as long as you're willing.
Level 1 sponsorship: $300 per month
- Level 1 horses need basic care and maintenance such as dental care, farrier, vaccinations, de-wormer and hay.
- Level 1 horses: Bulletproof (formerly “Bullet"), Blue Goose (formerly “Barbwire”), Shannon, and Sierra
Level 2 sponsorship: $400 per month
- Level 2 horses need Level 1 basic care and maintenance plus 'senior feed' for weight gain.
- Level 2 horses: Two Socks, Doc, and Blue Duck (Ducky)
Level 3 sponsorship: $500 per month
- Level 3 horses need the Levels 1 and 2 care plus special food and vetting to help with digestibility, problems chewing (due to lack of teeth), weight maintenance and other senior horse complications.
- Level 3 horses: Cola (formerly “Coke”), Pebbles, and Big John
Our “Nebraska 10” are pictured below with their associated level of sponsorship. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the horse you would like to sponsor, and we will set up your sponsorship via cash, check, Venmo or Facebook payment. In return for your generosity, we will update you regularly on the progress of your sponsored horse until they find the owner and home of their dreams.
We understand these are particularly trying times for everyone, so your generosity is even more appreciated than ever. If our leveled sponsorships are more than you can commit to, email us with the amount you feel you can commit to monthly and we will tailor a sponsorship for you. Any donation is whole-heartedly appreciated, whether it be sponsorship or a one-time donation towards vetting bills like Cola's. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your continued support and shared compassion and empathy for these beautiful horses.
Drifter's Hearts of Hope
Now Located at
King of Hearts Ranch
Address: 9555 Deerfield Road | Franktown, CO | 80116
Mail To: PO Box 888 | Franktown, CO | 80116
© 2014-2020 Drifter's Hearts of Hope, Inc.